Friday, May 13, 2011

Steppin' into Shelby's shoes..

So I've known the Strohla family since Kindergarten, when mine and theirs quickly became friends whenever I first moved to Frisco. And since those days, our relationships seemed to stay the same. Shelby's family is crazy and at five siblings altogether, it's fun without a doubt. And often there are times when I compare my family to hers and think about our similarities or differences. I used to not be able to make many comparisons except for that I have an older brother, she has two, and I have a younger sister, and she has two.

Though for some time my family wasn't quite as big, it recently has become. Within the next month I'll have two new sisters added to my family since my mother is getting married, and I can already feel the hecticness coming. At ages twenty-three, sixteen, thirteen, twelve, and eight; my family is seeming more and more spaced out as we grow older, but our relationships are growing as we go.

My brother, Zak, is my best friend and even though he's seven years older than me, I can honestly say I tell him everything and I cherish the relationship we have with each other.
My new sister, Courtney, is thirteen and as she begins to move in and get settled, I can feel our relationship becoming so sisterly and fun. We share clothes and she tells me about all the middle school drama that happens at her school in McKinney and we have fun even though we have three years between us.
My sister, Taylor, is twelve and it the funniest person I'll ever meet. I can't imagine not having her to make me laugh everyday and as she gets older we've become better and better friends and we really have fun hanging out.
And last, my other new sister, Gigi, is eight years old and is quite possibly one of the most frustratingly-mature eight year olds I'll ever meet. She annoys me half the time, but the other half of the time we spend together, we have fun because she's not immature and annoying like most eight year olds, but she's sarcastic and fun.

So as my family's grown, I've grown to relate a little more to Shelby's family and all the chaos that occurs, but I've also grown to love the more people and personalities that have come into my life.

Madison White(:

No comments:

Post a Comment